Don't mess with a sleeping daddy
Sometimes it just seems like there's really nothing to say.
Nothing important that is... I mean, I can't ramble about politics here, and some of our friends and family have much bigger issues happening right now. So, my trite issues somehow don't seem worth tapping into the computer for all to read.
Having said that, one thing about this morning. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I know I'm getting up early. It's a given. Those are MY days to work out. MY days when I choose to suffer doing various things like run, bike or swim.
Today, however, is THURSDAY.
MY day to sleep in a bit, let Ann do the early thing.
But try telling Addie that.
At 5:30 this morning, smack dab in the middle of my sleep in hour, Addie calls out from her room. No biggie, she does this a lot, just usually not that early. OK, come in to my room, let's go back to sleep. Wait, gotta go to the bathroom (me). Well, Addie decides she can't be out of my sight even momentarily. So the crying begins. The wailing. I just wanna take a leak and get back into bed. It ain't happening. The 40 seconds I'm sitting on the throne, Addie is screaming and crying, waking Clare up, with no end in sight.
She eventually comes into the bathroom, waterworks spewing from her eyes. She's at this point the most pathetic-looking thing on earth. I realize she's probably got a wet pull-up, so i try to get it off her in favor of a clean one for the last hour of what I hope will be sleep. NO DADDY!! she backs away, swatting at my outstretched hands. (This is the point where, in a perfect world, a loud, firm "screw you" would be enough to put an end to the whole thing.)
But alas, she's not making ANY sense, and her wailing and tears are only sending her deeper into an asthma attack. Great. It's quickly dawning on me that there isn't any more sleep happening this morning. Game on, time to greet Thursday with a smile.
Nope. I'm too tired and mad now, so Addie gets to greet "angry daddy"... the guy who barks at her, puts her back into bed more firmly than normal, and says sarcastic things to her like "Oh yeah, cry it out. That will work... hey, why don't you cry a little more? Great. Yeah."
It's not my finest hour... but hey, SHE woke ME up. When she's older she'll understand the consequences of doing that.
Yeah, right.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL. Awesome. I'm glad it's not just our kids and not just us. At 5:30 there IS no nice Mommy.
Post a Comment