The Reeds Lake Triathlon is a little less than 4 weeks away. I have not worked out since Wednesday. That's not a good sign.
I've had a great time since Wednesday, hitting the Tigers game Thursday night, entertaining the in-laws over the weekend and doing lots of work with wood in the backyard, and topping it all off with the Dave Matthews show Saturday night. We even hit the Boone County Fair for a few hours Sunday afternoon. But nowhere in there was any exercise.
I was really starting to feel good about my legs, especially on the bike in recent weeks. It's now my official goal to focus on that until race day. No more excuses... no more bailing on early morning workouts because I was just too tired from everything else going on.
The only trouble is that the sun isn't rising as early anymore, so I can't really fit any good length bike ride in before work anymore. And getting to a pool during lap swim time is fairly tough as well.... there I go again. Excuses.
Anyway, this post is meant to be a catharsis of sorts for me, and a note to all who read that if you see me dogging it over the next few weeks, you have my permission to smack me in the head and remind me to work out. Hopefully you won't need to... after all... this should be fun, right?
2 comments:
Go Chris GO - it is SUPER fun! Whoo hoo!! You'll get back to it - it's only a few days off - and your body needs the rest from time to time! But now that you've had it, get your butt on the road :)(there was that motivational and yet supportive?).
yes! thanks! now, if I can just sneak out of work early and take off before the girls get there... ;-)
Post a Comment