Sunday, November 16, 2008

I ain't got the time

As I sit here on the tail end of my weekend, the horror of wallpaper paste mostly in my rear-view mirror, I'm feeling much more at peace knowing I didn't spend much time glued to my computer the last 48 hrs.
We had all sorts of fun this weekend, sprinkled around the swearing to myself about the wallpaper glue. That stuff is insidious.
We got to see Clare make 2 baskets on Saturday morning during her basketball game, I split a bunch of wood and make a nice fire nearly all day Saturday and most of Sunday, we had homemade pancakes for lunch today after we woke up too late to have them before church.
And perhaps most importantly, most of that freakin' wallpaper glue is gone.
If you're tried that before, you know the hell of which I speak.
Thankfully all that remains is to basically wipe all the walls down with a warm wet rag to pave the way for primer and then the sage green paint that will cover the wall of our foyer.
And only a week before company starts filtering through the house for Thanksgiving!
Ann and I also gave the floors a good cleaning today, so the house feels somewhat in order.
Believe me, painting those walls will be a PLEASURE compared to the past 2 weekends for wallpaper stripping.
Did I mention that stuff sucks?

So it's onto another work week - mostly rested and content with progress at the house.
I'm looking forward to our first parent-teacher conference with Clare's kindergarten teacher on Thursday. Then we'll know... "the rest of the story."
"Chris Hankins.... good DAY!"

2 comments:

Murphy said...

That glue DOES suck. I understand your pain.

Megz said...

No question about it: prepping the walls is WAY harder than actually painting them.

Good job on your floors...wanna come to my house? I'm impressed.