Because I have plenty of time to myself on the way home at night, I was thinking again about what a fantastic time Ann and I had in Napa and Sonoma in September.
Our life is completely different back at home with the kids and all the craziness of our 3.5 schedules. I wouldn't trade it for anything.. but....
Traveling with Ann is just about my favorite thing in the world. Ok, well, a ski trip is always up there too. But when Ann and I hit the road, it's just perfect.
So as I was driving down 90 last night I was just thinking about what it felt like to go to bed each night and wake up knowing the same thing. We had nothing to do but see things together that we hadn't seen before. I'm so glad she has the same passion for doing that as I do.
I do look forward to the day when the girls are old enough to handle AND appreciate traveling as well. And who knows, if they hurry it up, we can all head back to France next summer to watch Lance climb Mont Ventoux on the final day of the 2009 Tour.
That would be super.
1 comment:
What a lovely post.
Somtimes I think those trips pay for themselves a hundred times over, for all of the insight they can give you...even months away, driving in your car.
I can just picture Ann, driving home tonight with the girls fighting in the back, thinking back on our tailgate...and you...standing on some random dude's flatbed, horkin down a beer bong. And I'm sure it's memories like those that make her stop and think to herself..."I'm so grateful for my husband's lack of pretention and exhibitionist side...what a catch."
Just think...even if you can't make it to France, there's always the Boone County Fair.
:)
Post a Comment